Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
At Lapostolle, to capture the freshness of the fruit is our mission. Young and expressive; bright and vivid, define the characteristics of our Lapostolle Wines.
About the Vineyard
Valle del Rapel is located in the central part of Chile, including the sub valleys of Cachapoal and Colchagua. It exhibits a semi – arid Mediterranean climate with a winter – only rainfall pattern. During the growing season, we have warm and dry days and pleasantly cool nights as a result of cold breezes coming from the Andes Mountains. Rapel has also a cool influence from the Pacific’s Humboldt Current, which lowers temperatures in the coastal areas of the valley.
All the grapes were hand harvested in small cases of 14 kilos and carefully transported to the winery. We obtained clean and pure fruit with strict quality control thanks to the state of the art technology: our Vistalys optical berries selection. 5% of the clusters were hand de stemmed. Then all the grapes were gently macerated with a gentle extraction, obtaining elegant structure, expressive aromas and very good color. Fermentation lasted about 2 weeks in stainless steel tanks at 24-28°C. After a maximum of 4 weeks of maceration, 60% of the wine was aged in 225 lt. French oak barrels (second, third and fourth use) for 6 months while the remaining 40% was aged in stainless steel tanks.
Color: Ruby red with cherry edges.
Nose: Fresh red fruit aromas such as strawberry and plums juice, and a spicy expression of cardamom and red paprika.
Palate: Medium acidity and juicy tannins with a plum aftertaste.
Serve at 16°C (60°F). The ideal companion for well grilled red meat, bolognesa pasta and cheese.
- Vineyard & Production Info
- Production area/appellation:
- Valle del Rapel
- Vineyard name:
- Las Kuras Vineyard
- Harvest time:
- March - April
- Sustainability certification:
- Demeter (biodynamic)
- Winemaking & Aging
- Varietal composition:
- 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Syrah
- Time on its skins:
- Up to 4 weeks
- Maceration technique:
- Gentle extraction
- Type of aging container:
- Size of aging container:
- 225 L
- Type of oak: